Thursday, October 29, 2009

How long would you wait?


Before I rolled my lazy body out of bed this morning I had a thought in pop in my head (amazing I didn't think I would be able to function so early, it must be God!).

If your spouse, friend, or anyone promised to pick you up from the airport and after landing you got your bags and you were waiting around... 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 45 minutes, 2 hours! How long would you stand there and wait for them to come before resorting to another means of transportation home?

How about if you were waiting for a doctor's appointment, how long would you sit in the waiting room before saying something to the clerk, "Hey where is this guy??"

How about when your on hold trying to get your cable internet working again, how many songs and how long will you sit on that phone before you get frustrated and hang up?

Stay with me here I know I go out on a limb sometimes but this is good...

Read the following verses below:

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him..."
                                 Psalms 37:7 KJV-

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."
                                 Revelation 2:10 KJV-

"...knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope."
                                 Romans 5:3-4 KJV-   

"Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness."
                                Colossians 1:11 KJV-

So I ask again how long would we wait?

How long would we wait for God's voice to speak to us?

How long would we wait to see God's answer to our prayers?

How long will we wait to see God coming back to earth like he promised he would return someday?

I hope your answer is not hang up, He's not answering, or I'll just call a taxi God forgot about me.

He hasn't forgotten you, your prayers and your heart. He knows us all by name and will reward you for your patience, but sometimes what we think qualifies as patience doesn't even scratch the surface of what God would call real longsuffering and endurance.

So here is my urging to you, don't stop believing, don't stop praying!

Stay diligent He will answer you when the time is right. If we claim to love Him and want to follow Him wherever He might take us then do that.

Follow Him even when its not popular, believe in Him even when all hope seems to be lost. He is coming back someday for His own, just be patient and as the verse above says we will recieve the crown of life!

I hope these thoughts have blessed you richly this day.

May His peace and love and hope be upon you, AMEN!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment