Friday, September 11, 2009

9.11.09-Eight Years to the Day

I remember the words sung by country music singer Alan Jackson, "Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day?"

I remember where I was and I will never forget the families and the victims of these heinous attacks. They will forever be etched in my memory. If I don't pray for them any other time of the year I do this day. Pray with me:


Dear God, Father of Heaven and earth, I pray for your comforting hand for all those mourning this day. I pray for peace, and closure. I pray that this nation never forget this day and we never forget just how vulnerable we are. We want you to be our God and we to be your people. Protect us as you did our ancestors in generations past. Help us fight and win the war on terror, so that your name may be praised. We thank you for all you have done and all you will do to keep this country safe. Watch over all of our service men and women and guide them safely. To your honor and glory we pray in the name of the one you sent to us for a sacrifice, Jesus Christ, Amen!


Though the pain may still be present we have a God who is strong enough to help us through and encourage us to live life to the fullest, a life pleasing him. May God's comfort be over you all this day as we remember those who have fallen 8 years ago today.

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment